Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts Lists

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mortonkr_autodesk
473 Views, 2 Replies

Parts Lists

I'm very new to inventor and want to create a parts list for a large iam file that has both sub-assemblies and parts in it. When I select a part on a sub-assembly, the tool selects that individual part of the sub-assembly instead of selecting the sub-assembly. how do I add a sub-assembly to a parts list instead of the part within that sub-assembly?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@mortonkr_autodesk 

In the assembly BOM, you will want to right mouse click on the structured tab, and select view properties.  From there you select all levels under the level option selection.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3

Hi Keith,

Mark is right. If you enable Structured BOM View, you will be able to list subassembly as a whole. The other way to do that is to change the BOM Structure Property to Inseparable. Open the subassembly in its own window -> Tools -> Doc Settings -> BOM -> change it to Inseparable. Then it will be listed in Structured BOM View and also Part Only BOM View.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report