Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature.IsActive in Assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
777 Views, 1 Reply

Feature.IsActive in Assembly

While using iLogic in an Inventor assembly, I stumbled across the Feature.IsActive snippet in the rules folder. According to the AutoDesk help (PIC #1) , this snippet allows the user to control the suppression state of features within a part found in an assembly. According to the Syntax on the AutoDesk help window, the expression should read Feature.IsActive(“BPM-NX150X-BYF150-S:1”, “Port 1 Extrusion”) = False since the part I am wanting to control is called BPM-NX150X-BYF150-S:1 and, the feature within “BPM-NX150X-BYF150-S:1” (PIC #2 shows the parts name within the Assembly Browser) I am trying to control is named “Port 1 Extrusion” (PIC #3 shows the feature name within the Part browser). When I run my rule an error is returned. The error box tells me “No feature found by that name”. I have attempted to change the name of the part and feature numerous times and it seems to have no effect.

If I run the rule within the part itself (Feature.IsActive(“Port 1 Extrusion”)=False) , the rule will work without any errors.

Can anyone shed some light onto what is going on here?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MjDeck
in reply to: Anonymous

The icon in the assembly model browser in your screenshot shows that the part is an iPart. You can't change parameters or features within an iPart component in an assembly by using iLogic rules. The iPart members are generated based on the table values. Each member contains a derived body (or bodies), but not parameters and features.
 You can create a rule in the iPart factory to control parameters and features. But that's not very useful, because the rule doesn't work when you place the iPart in an assembly.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report