Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break Out View issues 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1010 Views, 8 Replies

Break Out View issues 2013

OK, I've been forced to load and use 2013 (I was really hoping to hold off and load 2014 soon) for a client over the last month and now I'm seeing issues come up that I'm not fond of.

In this case, creating a Break Out view, something I tend to use a lot in drawings. Last week it worked fine, today, not so much.

In the attached pics you'll first see that the command worked fine on a drawing from last week, the next remaining pics will show my attempts from today.

Last weeks:

cutaway-01.jpg

Today: The closed loop sketch

cutaway-start.jpg

The view and profile selected:

cutaway-profileselected.jpg

The Point to cut from selected:

cutaway-point-selected.jpg

And now the result:

cutaway-result.jpg

The difference between last week and today.....this morning I loaded Update number 2 for Service Pack 1.1

Wanna bet that's what's causing this issue?

Thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

nothing?

Is no one else seeing this on 2013 with Update 2 on SP 1.1?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

At this point I'm going to state that this issue has been fixed by uninstalling Update #2 for Service Pack 1.1, but I want to run a few more tests before I claim that as the official fix.

Message 4 of 9
Yijiang.Cai

Hi,

I can't reproduce this issue when using SP1.1 plus Update 2 with one model. Maybe it is related to the specified model. Could you attach the dataset for more investigation? 

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

The model in question was an assembly built as a weldment. I too thought it might have been a model issue and since I wasn't the one who created it, I simply created a new one as an assembly and replaced it (after I uninstalled the update).

I guess my next step is to build a weldment and see if I can replicate the error even after the update was uninstalled?

Let me give that a try here in a minute and I'll post the results and or the model.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

River Cai,

As you can see, I can duplicate the error in a weldment:

weldment-test error.jpg

Attached are all the needed files.

Message 7 of 9
Yijiang.Cai

When using the attached model, the same behavior as you talked happens on SP1.1 with or without update 2. I am not clear why the behavior for you is different when with or without update 2. 

With investigation, the breakout view is incorrect as it is created on standard part. If you want to make it correct, you just make the option "section standard parts" otion on just like the attached image for reference.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying when you say the part is a "standard part", only the main part, the Rectanglular Tube is from Content Center but that is inserted as a "custom" part and it cuts fine if it is used in an assembly. Please note that the original file that I saw this happen on wasn't using any Content Center files, the Engineer created the Rect Tube from scratch. In this case it was inserted in the Weldment and that's where I get these results.

So it seems to me there is an issue within the Weldment environment or file that will not cut Content Center generated parts, whether they are inserted as "custom" or as "standard"?

Also note, the Weldment and error posted above was created in Service Pack 1.1 without the update, so yes, it can be replicated without the update. Again, at this point it seems more like an issue with the Weldment as this works fine on for assemblies.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I have gone into the template files and verified the Section Standard Parts settings as "Always".

TemplateSettings.jpg

Still not sure why this Break Out View was or is an issue on Weldments, but hopefully this will fix it for everyone (aside from them manually changing this setting).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report