Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family table contains not valid values for some members - IV2009 Content Center

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
398 Views, 1 Reply

Family table contains not valid values for some members - IV2009 Content Center

Since migrating from IV2008 to IV2009, I've noticed that all the custom content center library's we use have a small symbol in the lower left corner. What is this symbol?

Also, in the upper left corner of the attached file, I receive the message "Family table contains not valid values for some members" How do I identify the members that have incorrect values, and how did they get that way in the first place. It happens to be within the Hex bolt family which has over 1000 members, and up until IV2009, all were functioning correctly. When I open the family table I don't have any indication as to which one is problematic.

Thanks.
Andy
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Corrine.Sun
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Andy,

The small symbol in the lower left corner is a linked sign for the family. This is new function in IV2009.
A family with linked symbol means that this family is copied from another family, its parent family. You can right-click on this family to select Family Properties, then click Link Tab, you will see the information about the link, including Creation method, Parent Family Name and so on.
If family A is copied from family D, then A is linked with its parent family D. If D is changed, for example, adding a column, then A needs to be updated.

Thanks,
Corrine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report