Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factor of Safety in Shape Optimization

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cruesch
639 Views, 2 Replies

Factor of Safety in Shape Optimization

Hi!

I'm fairly new to Inventor, and I'm looking into the shape optimization tool.  There does not seem to be an immediately accessible option to drive the shape optimization tool based off of a minimum FOS.  I see the option for mass reduction, but that's it.  

Is there something I'm missing?  Or perhaps a roundabout way of achieving this goal?  

Thanks!

cruesch_0-1646336019049.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: cruesch

Hi! The Shape Generator does not run the full-blown FEA so it cannot use Safety Factor as a guide to optimize. I think you want to look into Generative Design in Fusion 360, which offers cloud-based compute and design simulation.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
cruesch
in reply to: cruesch

@johnsonshiue Interesting.  I have Fusion as part of the PDM Package, but when I tried to use the optimization tool there I ran into "cloud credits."  Considering how much the package costs, I would be shocked to see an extra fee for cloud data usage.  Is there a way around this?  I'm sure the cost isn't significant, but it's an annoying obstacle.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report