Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrusion won't cut

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
4105 Views, 14 Replies

Extrusion won't cut

Inventor will not allow me to extrude and cut using this sketch.
Thanks for any help.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The most common cause of this error is that you're trying to cut away from the part, not into it. "catana" wrote in message news:890903.1106162995479.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Inventor will not allow me to extrude and cut using this sketch. > Thanks for any help.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Some things to look at: Did you select a profile? Did yo certify the direction of the extrusion? Did you change the extrusion to a cut? Rui catana wrote: > Inventor will not allow me to extrude and cut using this sketch. > Thanks for any help. > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > -- -- Rui
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks.

I forgot to press the cut button.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Been there, done that. :) Rui catana wrote: > Thanks. > > I forgot to press the cut button. -- -- Rui
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

Im trying to Cut with an extrusion but it wont let me and the choice to cut whe your trying to extrude is gray and wont let me choose it and its only like that for one peice on my autodesk inventor. How do i fix it? is their something i turned off on accident, how do i turn it back on its irritating me?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Im trying to Cut with an extrusion but it wont let me and the choice to cut whe your trying to extrude is gray and wont let me choose it and its only like that for one peice on my autodesk inventor. How do i fix it? is their something i turned off on accident, how do i turn it back on its irritating me?

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

Message 9 of 15
WHolzwarth

You couldn't Extrude cut, because your Delete Face operations turned your solid into a surface. After removing them, Extrude Cut can be done. (see attachment)

I think, there are still errors in your model. But I don't know, for what it's good all about.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
af8777

The same problem here,

Message 11 of 15
af8777

Cut problem.jpg

Message 12 of 15
af8777
in reply to: af8777

Annoying 😞
Message 13 of 15
CGBenner

@af8777 

Welcome to the forum.  Can you explain in a little more detail what you are struggling with?  Maybe share your file here so our experts can take a look at it?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 14 of 15
The_Angry_Elf

As @CGBenner has requested, can you elaborate a bit more?

Based on just the screen cap you posted, looks like there isn't any geometry to use for the extrusion.

Again, we'll need more information.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 15 of 15
johnsonshiue

Hi! This particular error is associated with an iMate. This means the Extrusion is removing the geometry defining the iMate. Either delete/suppress the iMate or change the profile so that it does not remove the iMate.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report