Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Line Glitch occurs in Derived Sketch Blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
361 Views, 4 Replies

Extra Line Glitch occurs in Derived Sketch Blocks

Hello All,

Our design group ran into an issue with a extra lines showing up when deriving a sketch block from a skeletal defining geometry file.

For a bit of background, when we model we have a defining geometry part file that has a one sketch with a series of sketch blocks for each part in the assembly.  Revolutions are made from the blocks with a separate solid for each part.  Then separate part files are made by deriving the corresponding sketch block and solid revolution from the defining geometry part file.

We are currently redesigning a previous product, so we used the Copy Design feature from the vault to create all the base files for defining geometry files, part files, and assembly files.

The issue with extra lines occurred only in the derived sketch blocks of part files that were generated from copy design.  Note that the original defining geometry does not have extra lines, only the part file.  This also does not occur in every part file, but maybe 1 in 10 files.  The derived sketch blocks still updates appropriately from the defining geometry (with the exception of the extra lines).  

The following pictures are the original sketch block from the defining geometry part file and the derived sketch block from the part file respectively.

picturemessage_djkwpdwe.snt.pngpicturemessage_5jcmfyxi.3b1.png

Inventor Professional 2017

64-Bit Edition

Build: 256, Release: 2017.4.3 - Date: Tue 11/07/2017

Thank you in advance for the help.

Regards,

Derek

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The behavior does not make sense to me. Copy Design simply recreate the files and relink associative files. One can do it manually. It just automate a manual workflow. Do you have a reproducible case? Could you share it with me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I vaguely remember seeing a similar issue a while back. It was a corruption.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello Johnson,

This is a very rare situation.  I believe this is just the second time it has happened this year.  I don't know how to reproduce it, as I believe it is purely a glitch.  Unfortunately I cannot share the files with you due to IP issues as they are apart of our entire products defining geometry.

I understand that this doesn't help very much but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this before and figured out a way around it.

Regards,

Derek

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Derek,

Is this something that if you restarted your machine and/or Inventor it goes away?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hello,

We already tried that and unfortunately it did not fix the issue.  If we open the file on other computers the glitch also shows up, so it must be file corruption as mentioned above.

Regards,

Derek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report