Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Color for materials library

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
476 Views, 4 Replies

No Color for materials library

When I open my materials browser, there is no preview for my materials.  I can close and restart Inventor and they will come back, but then when I access the material browser later, it will be missing again.

In the material browser, I can click on a material and add it to the document, then the preview will be shown in local materials, but the preview may not be correct.  I have attached a short video showing the materials being added and a screen capture of the material library after a fresh Inventor restart.  

Note the difference in the color of the material preview.

No_Color.gif

2018-10-25_1526.png

The material library is stored locally on my hard drive and Inventor is up-to-date with the latest SP (2018.3.2)

Any idea how to always have the correct material preview? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: karthur1

Hi Kirk,

Is the material/appearance library from older Inventor releases? Or it is the on shipped with Inventor 2018?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: johnsonshiue

The materials library was created whenever the materials/appearances were revamped.  Not sure what the release was, but it is several years old.

Message 4 of 5
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: karthur1

@karthur1,

Please following below steps to clone another library and reuse that library instead.

• "Ctrl+A" select all physical assets and bring to document library
  • Create a new library
  • Bring all document library back to the newly create library
  • Go to project setting
  • remove the original library and add the new library for both appearance and material
  • close Inventor and restart

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 5 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

I did as you described and the materials were there at first.  I opened an assembly and started working.  A while later I open up the materials browser and see this "No materials in this Library".  It shows the same thing for the "Stock" Inventor Materials library and for my new "Custom" library.  The Autodesk library is shown correctly.

Notice the path to the two libraries that are not showing correctly.  It is like it forgets where its at.

No_materials.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report