Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to autocad .dwg by default

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
960 Views, 7 Replies

Export to autocad .dwg by default

I have searched these forums and am unable to find an answer to my question. When I export a drawing from Inventor to a .dwg file the default setting is Inventor.dwg. Instead, I would like the default to be AutoCAD.dwg. Is there a way to change this globally so I don't have to go for the drop-down box every single time I make a .dwg? Also, it would be nice if I could set the version just once, not every time. Our suppliers need .dwg's in an older format most of the time. While on topic, it would be good to see the export to .pdf settings stay the way I put them in terms of DPI settings and multi sheet settings. Cheers
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You could modify the INI file that is responsible for the export to DWG. Please check this article below for more info,

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Cheers, this helps out with the second half of my problem. No more going into options every time to change version, I like it : ) Although, I still need Inventor to export default as AutoCAD dwg, rather than Inventor dwg. Also, is there an .ini file to set .pdf export settings anywhere?
Message 4 of 8
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Lam. At the moment, setting the default to AutoCAD DWG is not possible. Please log an enhancement request in this inventor idea station site below,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/idb-p/v1232

For saving the PDF options. 

At the moment, it is currently not possible to do that from the UI. However there are some workarounds through ilogic or Macros through API. Please check the articles below for more info,

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.sg/2011/07/ilogic-to-save-pdf-files-to-new.html

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Good day to you.

Just wanted to check with you for an update. Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

We will be glad to assist you further.

Your understanding and support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day !

Thanks,
Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 6 of 8

Hello,

can I ask if there is any change in the save settings?

I also need to set the saving .idw to .autocad .dwg by default.

Thank you.

(Inventor 2019)

Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Milan_Nosil

Hi Milan,

I am not aware of an option to set the Save DWG file to AutoCAD DWG. It should obey the last used file type.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
Milan_Nosil
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson,

Thank you for your response.
You are right, but when you turn off Inventor and then turn on Inventor, you have to set the export to AutoCAD .dwg again.

The ideal option would be if I could set up this option somewhere in the registers.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report