Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export multiple bom xls files or live link

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mat_hijs
534 Views, 2 Replies

Export multiple bom xls files or live link

So, I have hundreds of top level assemblies, each containing multiple subassemblies. Many top level assemblies contain the same subassemblies. I exported each one when i made them, and use them in excel querries, pivot tables, ... to collect and work with the data from the entire project. Everything works as planned, but now I want to change some things in several bottom level assemblies (mostly descriptions). What I don't want to do is go through every single top level assembly, update it and export all the boms again manually.

Is there a way to export multiple boms at once? Or even better, create a live link between the inventor bom and the xls file?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mat_hijs

Hi! I believe you will need to use iLogic to automate the task. There will not be a link between Inventor and the exported xls files. The "update" is simply exporting it again.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
mat_hijs
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I was looking into that as well, I could use this snippet right here:

ThisBOM.Export("Structured", ThisDoc.FileName(False), kMicrosoftExcelFormat)

But this seems to just export it to the folder that the assembly itself is in, would it be possible to change this path very easily?

Also, I have an XML-File for the BOM customisation, is there a snippet that'll read this file so the customisation doesn't have to be imported manually?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report