Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with connecting cross section sketches to create object (Loft?)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
353 Views, 1 Reply

Help with connecting cross section sketches to create object (Loft?)

I am working on a model of a high speed train and I am having a problem with the nose profile. I have drawn out a bunch of progressively smaller cross sections that lay out the general shape, but I don't know how to convert them from sketches to a solid form. I have used the patch and stitch commands before on other projects, but they are not working very well for this. I tried using the sketches as guide rails, but there would always be an error or 'create feature failed' before I could get them all selected. Should I be trying some kind of loft? Everything I try gives some kind of error message. Is it a problem with one of the sketches? I have included a screenshot of where I'm at right now in the process, as well as the file itself. Beware, this is an amateur job, so it is probably not up to 'professional standards'.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I used a Loft with no major issues@ClintBrown3D Autodesk Inventor 51.png

The sketch shown at A is problematic (probably not closed), so I skipped it. At the end, I finished on the point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report