Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPORT FROM .IDW TO .DWG ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
desetek
407 Views, 2 Replies

EXPORT FROM .IDW TO .DWG ?

Hello everyone, I need help. I already have a pattern when I make my drawings in autocad, such as text style, dimensioning settings, drawing lines like colors and line pattern and etc. But when I export the .idw in Inventor to .dwg, the same in addition to coming in blocks, they do not assume this configuration of my autocad. Is there any way to assume these settings? I would like to thank everyone in this group for their attention. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadman777
in reply to: desetek

It's been a while since I've done this. But if I can remember correctly, the way I used to do that in the past (when I worked for a company that demanded AutoCAD files with a certain Style/Standard) is this:

1. Set up your idw template layers, linetypes and titleblock to match your AutoCAD dwg template

2. Create an AutoCAD script and LISP routines that convert the remaining entities to match your AutoCAD template (for me, that's mostly colors, since my idw files are all monochrome).

3. So first you export from idw>dwg, then run your AutoCAD conversion routines on all the files.

4. You will have to figure out all the intricacies of conversion between idw>dwg needing further conversion in AutoCAD on a case-by-case basis, depending on your various AutoCAD drawing templates.

There may be a better way to accomplish this today.

But I don't know it, b/c I haven't done it for about 10 years, due to not needing to do it.

Maybe someone else in here can say?

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 3 of 3
kresh.bell
in reply to: desetek

did you try to set the AutoCAD template file when exporting?

kreshbell_0-1643559664140.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report