Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error No Template Stream Found

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
b.ziegler
1931 Views, 22 Replies

Error No Template Stream Found

I receive this error from time to time

"Error: No Template Stream found"

Always while trying to save or open files that I've made that have a fair amount of form driven properties and iLogic rules.

I can close inventor, open inventor, then open the file with no problem.

Does anyone know what this error is for, why it's happening, and how I can avoid it in the future?

PS: it's not just any one file, I've received this error for several different files over the last two versions of Inventor and through all of the updates.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
sundars
in reply to: kimK7B54

Hi @kimK7B54 

Perhaps you might be able to reproduce this by trying to use some of those sheet metal punches in your model and see if the error happens again. I think one of the IDE features may be corrupt.

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 22 of 23
kimK7B54
in reply to: sundars

@sundars wrote:

Hi @kimK7B54 

Perhaps you might be able to reproduce this by trying to use some of those sheet metal punches in your model and see if the error happens again. I think one of the IDE features may be corrupt.

-shiva

No, they aren't corrupt.  Everybody in our department uses the same .ide file, we've been using them for half a decade.  99.9% of files never get this error, it's very rare and unpredictable (almost every file has these punches).  We do use a lot of multi-body, multi-level, derived work flows which does make our final models rather complicated.

The punch we use is shown in the attached image.  There is a lot of bolting involved in our product.

Message 23 of 23
sundars
in reply to: kimK7B54

Hi @kimK7B54 

If you see it next time, please email me (sundarsATautodeskDOTcom) with the dataset and IDE file used. I know exactly where this error is being triggered in the code and it appears to be related to ifeature file. It should be triggered the very first time you try to insert some ifeature and the ifeature seems to have some sort of corrupt information stored in it.

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report