Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error No Template Stream Found

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
b.ziegler
1645 Views, 22 Replies

Error No Template Stream Found

I receive this error from time to time

"Error: No Template Stream found"

Always while trying to save or open files that I've made that have a fair amount of form driven properties and iLogic rules.

I can close inventor, open inventor, then open the file with no problem.

Does anyone know what this error is for, why it's happening, and how I can avoid it in the future?

PS: it's not just any one file, I've received this error for several different files over the last two versions of Inventor and through all of the updates.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
johnsonshiue
in reply to: b.ziegler

Hi! I have not seen this error before. Could you share a screenshot?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 23

We also had a user receive this error yesterday trying to save his assembly.  Here is the screenshot.

Message 4 of 23
b.ziegler
in reply to: ChristiPedersen

Thank you,
I haven't had the error repeat yet to grab the screenshot
Message 5 of 23
johnsonshiue

Hi Christi,

Happy New Year! This one is new to me. I have never seen this error message. A quick Google search does not seem to yield any meaningful result. I need to check with the project team.

Is the issue reproducible and specific to some files? Please share the files.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 23
b.ziegler
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have not been able to get the error to repeat on any reliable basis. 

Message 7 of 23
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

I am still clueless at the moment. Maybe try cleaning up %temp% folder.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 23
b.ziegler

Cleaning out my temp files now, I will let you know if this appears to make
a difference when I can get onto that project.
Message 9 of 23
b.ziegler

I cleared my cache, that didn't seem to help or it helped for a short period of time.  The inconsistencies of receiving this error make it difficult to tell.

To add another layer of mystery:  1 file.  It opens in Folder A, it errors in folder B.  Took the copy from folder A, tried it on another computer and it errored.

I've attached the file that I used in the test listed above (and happens to be the one that my boss need right now to work)

Any help, ideas, or insight would be appreciated.

Message 10 of 23
ChristiPedersen

Just curious if you reset Inventor with the reset tool, it will set your Inventor back to factory settings, will it avoid the error?  Before I do this I usually export my application options first.  Then you may be able to rule out a customized template or support file that is causing the issue?

Message 11 of 23
b.ziegler

After some experimentation it appears that this error was being caused by one of the iFeatures I had inserted in the part.  After deleting that iFeature the error stopped.

I can't say 100% that this was the cause and solution but it appears to have stabilized the template thus far.

Message 12 of 23
whamlin

We had this error come up.

We run Vault. Checking the file in and then checking it back out seemed to clear it up.

Message 13 of 23
mluterman
in reply to: whamlin

To all posters here:

FYI-we are not using Vault, but a shared network location.

Screenshot of error is below.

After I clicked "OK", Inventor closed without warning or the opportunity to save your work.

I do indeed have an iFeature in that part, but I refuse to delete it (esp. since this error is so random, so I can't tell if it proves anything).

mluterman_0-1638806222838.png

Message 14 of 23
johnsonshiue
in reply to: mluterman

Hi! If possible, please try making a copy of the files and store them locally. Then does it still reproduce? If yes, please share the files with me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 15 of 23
sundars
in reply to: mluterman

Hi,

I believe this is related to an iFeature - quite possibly a corrupt IDE File? If you send your files to @johnsonshiue and we should be able to investigate it.

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 16 of 23
jeffreyQ4RGW
in reply to: sundars

Hello,

I have had the same error for an assambly.
Turned out to be 1 part that had the issue (couldn't open it due to the error).
I fixed it by using the task scheduler and than create an 'Updte design' task.
After that I was able to open the part again and thus edit my assembly again. 

Message 17 of 23
kimK7B54

Well, not related to Iparts; but still occurring in Inventor 2023.3.1

This occurs about once every couple months.  So far, closing the assembly/file and relaunching Inventor has cleared the error.  Reproducing it doesn't seem possible, it's very random.  

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi Christi,

Happy New Year! This one is new to me. I have never seen this error message. A quick Google search does not seem to yield any meaningful result. I need to check with the project team.

Is the issue reproducible and specific to some files? Please share the files.

Many thanks!

Message 18 of 23
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kimK7B54

Hi! The random behaviors seem to indicate some sort of sporadic corruption happened. We are aware of a file streaming issue recently. A fix has been applied to the coming 2024.2 update. The the respective change will be retrofitted to 2022 and 2023 updates. Look for the newer updates and see if the problem goes away.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 19 of 23
sundars
in reply to: kimK7B54

Hi @jeffreyQ4RGW 

Do you have iFeatures (.IDE) in your project? It could be related to iFeatures. But we would need to take a look at some of them in order to determine what the issue is.

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 20 of 23
kimK7B54
in reply to: sundars

@sundars wrote:

Hi @jeffreyQ4RGW 

Do you have iFeatures (.IDE) in your project? It could be related to iFeatures. But we would need to take a look at some of them in order to determine what the issue is.

Thanks

-shiva

Yes, we use sheet metal punches a LOT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report