Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in child body(s) or component(s)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
403 Views, 3 Replies

Error in child body(s) or component(s)

Hi guys,

I have a quite simple question but after some searching I couldn't find a solution. Attached I added a screenshot of this error I got in a derived part created from a skeletal sketch. The Error is stated "Error in child body(s) or component(s)". How can I resolve this error?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

I've never seen an error message like that before and maybe someone else and has a solution for you...

Not sure why you provided the image..  It doesn't really add anything else.  Smiley Wink

At this point I would speculate there's something wrong with the main file.   Is the red cross (design dr) activated up near the quick access toolbar.  Has this been working and now its failing?  Or did it never work?  Inventor version?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I have seen that symbol a few times, but for me it typically means I need to fix a lost constraint or redefine a command such as direction of a pattern. The part has lost information but not completely caused the drawing to explode. Sorry I don't have a better answer than that or can better address your issue but usually I can fix it if I look back through the object and its constraints.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for your answer. In my design it was somehow fixed after a while. I guess it was exactly how you describe it, somehow a constraint or link was lost.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report