Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit route: How to delete/remove members in the tube-and-pipe route and find Butterfly valves in CC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RoyWickrama_RWEI
592 Views, 3 Replies

Edit route: How to delete/remove members in the tube-and-pipe route and find Butterfly valves in CC

I have started to use tube and pipe in Inventor professional.

I have a couple of questions currently.

Q1: Edit route

How can I delete some of the items in the current route.
The RMB does not have an option to do so! 

Q2:Q2: Butterfly valves

I need to use butterfly valves. I could not find: where can I find butterfly valves in content center?

2020-08-18 08_52_28-Window.png

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: RoyWickrama_RWEI

@RoyWickrama_RWEI 

Welcome to the world of Tube & Pipe!

I'll answer the easy question first.  Content Center has only a very small library of very generic valves, because valve manufacturers and sizes vary so greatly.  In my ten years of using tube & pipe, I either modeled or downloaded and then published all of my own valve libraries.  That way I knew they would fir in the lined based on the manufacturers dimensions.  Depending on whose valves you use, some are available for download (maybe check with your suppliers for step files), but some may need to be modeled from scratch.  You will then need to Author them and Publish to your own Read/Write library in the Content Center.

As to the deleting question... in your image it appears that you are trying to delete both pipes and fittings from your route?  May I ask why (it might help me advise you).  First, I don't think you can delete both at the same time from the browser.  And second, if you delete a pipe segment from the browser, it deletes the sketch line from your route as well, and any fittings sitting on the segment.  The node where the fitting is sitting will be deleted and the line will now terminate at the next logical sketch point or intersection.

If you share with us what is going on, I can probably offer some advice on how to get there.  Also, take a look at the following resources, from before I joined Autodesk when I was using tube & pipe every day.

My first (beginners) Tube & Pipe class from Autodesk University

The next, more advanced class

Last year's Tube & Pipe demo class

Authoring & Publishing Custom Content

Hopefully these can offer you some good starting tips, tube & pipe has a steep learning curve.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
RoyWickrama_RWEI
in reply to: CGBenner

Thanks CGBenner.

I agree with you. There are so many valves and CC can't have all of them. That's fine. I am comfortable in creating library items.

I am new in using Tube-and-Pipe. May be my questions are vague (not line up with the proper use of it).

I need to learn more.

My current issue is I need basically to edit the dis-jointed route shown below. Need to detail as separate spools. I can delete the whole route, in that case I will have to create new routes.

2020-08-18 10_17_07-Window.png

Message 4 of 4
RoyWickrama_RWEI
in reply to: CGBenner

Thanks.

More info.

2020-08-18 13_06_36-Window.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report