Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate image within sketch and change the link to another file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Intuos5
288 Views, 3 Replies

Duplicate image within sketch and change the link to another file?

Can inventor duplicate an image within a sketch and then relink it to a different image? I have several images of design options that I want to reference (they are all the same size in pixels). I usually duplicate such images and then link to the other file to make sure they are exactly aligned when I use other software, but how does one do this in Inventor?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Intuos5

Hi! Unfortunately, such workflow does not exist in Inventor. You need to insert the image to a sketch manually or programmatically. There isn't a cloning workflow. You may reuse the same sketch. Copy&Paste may work but the resultant pasted image can behave flakily.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Intuos5

@johnsonshiue,

thanks for the confirmation. What about relinking images? If I duplicate the part file and relink the old image (I checked the link box when I placed the image), is that possible? I'm not seeing a relink images or related dialog in the keyboard shortcuts/ ribbon or any mention of it in the help files.

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to "relink" the image or any OLE object.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report