Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate around Polygon? (New to Inventor)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
411 Views, 3 Replies

Duplicate around Polygon? (New to Inventor)

Hello everyone! 

So, I am very new (I'm sure this will be obvious by the question) and am having some trouble learning the basics.

What I'm trying to do - I have a 5 sided Polygon (the polygon is 1.925 inches long on each side and it is 2.475 inches tall). One on side of the polygon, I have a few sketches, shapes, extrudes and cuts. I have completed my "design" on the first side. Now I am wanting to duplicate that one side and place it on the four remaining sides with the exact same dimensions, scale, features, etc. Thus making each side of my 5 sided polygon contain the same design.

What I have tried: I have tried mirroring and it gives me a duplicate but way out in the distance. I have also tried the rectangular and Circular, which would not place each item on the 4 remaining faces. 

As I said earlier, I am very new to this very powerful program. If you could dumb-down any answers, that would be greatly appreciated. If it is something obvious, I apologize, I have overlooked it. But I did try to struggle my way though my question first.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Frank-Oosterwaal
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can use your polygon sketch as a path for the pattern.

Look at the screencast, hope this is what you are after.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
JDMather

Attach you *.ipt file here and end all doubt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Worked like a charm. The step I was missing was where you "Flip".

I am not sure I entirely understand why you have to flip it?

Thanks so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report