Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing warning: "Can not attach the view"

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
EdvinTailwind
179 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing warning: "Can not attach the view"

See, image below. "Can not attach the view", does anyone know what may cause it? The view (A) appears like expected. Very likely it could be fixed by deleting the A-view and create a new one, but I'm curious about the source.

It's a derived file that's only mirrored to fit of the opposite side of a machine and the base component does not have this issue. Sheet metal part.

Also: note the odd blue dot  on the drawing. I can't figure out where it comes from or if it's related to the main issue. 😄

EdvinTailwind_1-1719568008405.png

And no, at this point can't upload the files.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
NigelHay
in reply to: EdvinTailwind

No clue about the view message, seems very odd. Could the blue dot be an unattached point? Does the Design Doctor show any errors?

Message 3 of 9

Design Doctor seems ok.

(in the part as well)

EdvinTailwind_4-1719569157496.png

Message 4 of 9
CGBenner

@EdvinTailwind 

Hi Edvin!  The blue dot makes me wonder if somehow the view definition sketch in the main view became de-attached from that view.  (the circle)  The fact that it is a full circle instead of open with arrows makes me think the attachment got lost.  Maybe try dragging the blue point back over the circle in your main view and see what happens?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 9

Hi! This could be geometry related. Somehow Inventor could not attach the detail view to a piece of geometry in the drawing view. Try this. Open the part or assembly -> Manage -> Rebuild All. Or press Ctrl+F7 (make sure C:\temp exists) to see if there is a body quality issue.

Please share the files with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 9

I had to move on (and start my vacation 😎) and had to fix it before pre-releasing the files, even though the cause was unknown. As suspected all I had to do was delete the A view and create a new one. Right now I won't be at work for a few weeks, but maybe I can restore the faulty file from Vault later.

Message 7 of 9
EdvinTailwind
in reply to: CGBenner

Believe me, I tried! I was never able to get hold of the blue dot at all. Not by clicking on it nor making a selection around it.
Message 8 of 9
blandb

Was the view attached before? What if you detach and re-attach. Maybe it lost the "attachment point" reference?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 9 of 9
EdvinTailwind
in reply to: blandb

A big "maybe" here, as the concept of "before" in this case is a bit unclear. Both the troublesome part and it's base component (and the drawings of course) are results of Copy Design in Vault. Perhaps the original had the same issue...? I'll check.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report