Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing view is not updating from exploded view

49 REPLIES 49
SOLVED
Message 1 of 50
Anonymous
8480 Views, 49 Replies

drawing view is not updating from exploded view

i have one iam file in inventor 2017 by using that assembly with Level of detail let us assume 1 will be our level of detail.

after placing that exploded view in my drawing i have added another part in the assembly.

but its not reflecting in my exploded view and the drawing.

i have created one exploded view from one assembly file later i added one more part in to my assembly as i needed.

but its updated in ipn file, after that i given tweaks for that part as per my requirement but in drawing the exploded view is not updating as per the new part tweaking from the Ipn file.

note: i am using Inventor 2017

49 REPLIES 49
Message 21 of 50
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Drew,

I have seen files specific behavior similar to this particular thread. I do need to see the files in order to comment further. Please share the files here or send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 22 of 50
Anonymous

I was able eliminate this same issue by going the drawing view properties, Recovery options tab and selecting the "Include Mesh Bodies" option and deselecting the "Include Surface Bodies"' option.

Message 23 of 50
bshbsh

This worked for me, on Inv.2018. Just ticking the mesh bodies checkbox immediately updated the view, and then the checkbox could be unchecked again.

Thanks!

Message 24 of 50
johnsonshiue
in reply to: bshbsh

Hi! I believe if you want to include surface or mesh bodies in the drawing view when creating the view, you need to go to Recovery tab and check the boxes. Then the default will be changed to last used. Editing a view does not alter the default on forward create. Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 25 of 50
bshbsh
in reply to: johnsonshiue

No, I don't want to include those. I just want to work around the software problem, when it does not update the views of an ipn no matter what.

And actually I spoke too soon: the above solution did work for some views, but not for some others (of the same ipn.), while still showing the actual state of the ipn in the preview mode, but then when view is actually computed and projected, it is still wrong.

Message 26 of 50
johnsonshiue
in reply to: bshbsh

Hi! If you still have some issues, please share an example exhibiting the behavior. Forum experts can help take a look.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 27 of 50
wpoppe28GHN

I have the same problem as mentioned earlier in this topic, but now with Inventor 2019.

Major changes in the IPN-file will be changed on the drawing, but if a delete a minor tweak it will not be updated on the drawing. Minor updates will only be update if I make a larger update in the IPN after the smaller update. With major/large I mean bigger parts or assemblies and bigger differences in distance in the tweak.

Message 28 of 50
johnsonshiue
in reply to: wpoppe28GHN

Hi! I will need to see the files. Please share them with me so I can take a look (johnso.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 29 of 50
Bonneville_Classic

I don't see a "solved" solution to this thread yet, so I will assume it hasn't been solved yet for the op. 

I'm working with an .ipn file that I have replaced a part in, then re-tweaked it so it looks right again. The trick is to double click on the snapshot view on the righthand side of the screen, the tweak the assembly in there. Then, click "finish edit view" on the top ribbon. Then, save. 

This updates and saves the current snapshot you have on the right side of the screen under "snapshot views". Creating a new snapshot view won't work because your view in the drawing is linked to the first snapshot that was created when you saved your .ipn file. My view in the drawing updated to show the changes to the .ipn file. 

I'm using inventor 2020. 

I hope this helps! 

Message 30 of 50
SBix26
in reply to: Bonneville_Classic

Another way to update the out-of-date snapshot is to click the little (emphasis on little!) refresh icon in the upper right corner of the snapshot tile:  Snapshot Refresh.png

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2020.2 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 31 of 50
Bonneville_Classic
in reply to: SBix26

For some reason, some .ipn files don't update with this method as stated above from the op. I have experienced the same issue.

Message 32 of 50
SBix26
in reply to: Bonneville_Classic

Sorry, I didn't go back and re-read the whole topic.  I see that various solutions have been offered, but users are still seeing some assembly changes not reflected in drawing views, without some other event to provoke an update.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2020.2 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 33 of 50

Hi! Please share the files here or send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I believe I have seen this behavior before. And, most likely in some cases, there is a way to trigger the update. But, I do need to see the files.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 34 of 50
Paul711

I am having the same issue.

In Inventor 2014 I never had issues like this, but Autodesk had to add the Storyboard as the main controller and turned it into a rotten mess.

When things are not broke an attempt to fix them should not be made. Storyboard should be in the background like it was in Inventor 2014.

Message 35 of 50
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Paul711

Hi Paul,

I am sorry the workflow is not performing the way it should. Inventor is not bug-free just like any product. I would like to know this particular issue better. Please share an example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 36 of 50
AlexZW28B

Hello, I have recently come across this same issue with Inventor 2020. I had replaced a component in an assembly, added those new parts to a previously existing "tweak", updated all views using the refresh icon in IPN, saved components/files, and then when in the DWG that IPN is used, the views were all stuck with incorrect placements... Hoorray for Inventor - again 😞 ... Anyway, being frustrated - yet again - and seeing that there were many other users experiencing this same issue, I tried something random and praying, hoping, and pleading that it would work - and found that by double clicking on the view to bring up the drawing view window, then selecting "Raster View" to turn it on, then hitting "OK" to close the View window - this would now turn it to Raster - However, by repeating the process again, but ensuring to DE-SELECT "Raster View" to turn it off, and then hitting "OK" to close/save changes - it would then for whatever reason force the Drawing view to do a refresh or force it to get a view update. I did this for a number of views on my drawing... because I don't like wasting my time re-making/linking views, dimensions, etc, as it would appear some of the people at Autodesk do by implementing some really buggy/cumbersome interfaces...

Message 37 of 50
johnsonshiue
in reply to: AlexZW28B

Hi! I could be wrong but it sounded like you were seeing multiple issues. To fix the scope of a drawing view, you can edit the view -> Display Options -> select Fixed as Justification. If it does not work, please share a example (Inventor files) that exhibit the behaviors here. Or, send them to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 38 of 50
AlexZW28B

No, what you are speaking of is not what the issue is. The view position would not change - that should be expected.... what I had is that after editing the IPN, the view was as expected POSITIONALLY correct and in the correct ORIENTATION. However, the part itself that I adjusted via a tweak, was not updating to the tweaked position - only in the DWG. Additionally, the parts which I had added to the IPN, and subsequently ADDED to an existing tweak, were not showing as "Tweaked" in the drawing. They would still be sitting in the pre-tweak position in my drawing, whilst the IPN would have the correct position/locaiton of that component. 

Message 39 of 50
johnsonshiue
in reply to: AlexZW28B

Hi Alex,

Then I think it is a bug. I need to see the files. Please share them here or send them to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 40 of 50
draftingUUAF4
in reply to: mcgyvr

This answered the same problem for that. Thanks @mcgyvr  for your support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report