Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing view is not updating from exploded view

49 REPLIES 49
SOLVED
Message 1 of 50
Anonymous
7925 Views, 49 Replies

drawing view is not updating from exploded view

i have one iam file in inventor 2017 by using that assembly with Level of detail let us assume 1 will be our level of detail.

after placing that exploded view in my drawing i have added another part in the assembly.

but its not reflecting in my exploded view and the drawing.

i have created one exploded view from one assembly file later i added one more part in to my assembly as i needed.

but its updated in ipn file, after that i given tweaks for that part as per my requirement but in drawing the exploded view is not updating as per the new part tweaking from the Ipn file.

note: i am using Inventor 2017

49 REPLIES 49
Message 2 of 50
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

can u reply for this

Message 3 of 50
mcgyvr

A few things could be the issue..But its probably this.. Lets start here..

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

You need to press the blue "recycle" symbol in the snapshots panel as shown in this image..

snapshot.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

sorry the above solution is not related to my issue

can u reply for the above issue again?

Message 5 of 50
mgeurts

Do you have this checked?

a.JPG

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10
Message 6 of 50
Anonymous
in reply to: mgeurts

yes I checked the above one.

still its not updating in the drawing, also I am working on Inventor 2017 & I tried in other machines, I checked with my colleagues they are saying may be issue with Inventor 2017, am not sure about that.

P.Manjunath Guptha.

Message 7 of 50
Bonneville_Classic

P.Manjunath Guptha,

While in the exploded view (.ipn file), make sure you have the view how you want it, and click "New Snapshot View" in the ribbon. In the bottom left hand corner it will appear. Delete the old one by right clicking and "delete". Save, and now you should be able to create the correct view in the drawing.

Also, if you have multiple snapshot views in the bottom left hand corner of the .ipn file, you can choose which to use in a drawing view. Open the drawing, then click "base view". In the dialog box, click the "view" drop down and select the one you want.

I hope this helps.

Stephen

INVENTOR 2017

Message 8 of 50

I cannot alter the view in the drop down as it is grayed out.

Replacing the view that won't update is easy enough, but it also requires that I create all new detail views every time a change is made.

Basically requiring me to made an entirely new drawing every time a change is made.

Is there another way?

image.png

Message 9 of 50
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ralvarado

Hi! You don't need to recreate the drawing view every time ipn has been changed. The behavior you are describing does not sound right to me. If you could provide an example exhibiting the behavior, we are more than happy to take a look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 50
ralvarado
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I believe I have provided an example already.  However I will try to clarify.

An ipn. exploded view is created and linked to the base view, each detail view is also linked.  The views in the .ipn file do not update on the drawing.

This results is drawing views that do not update with the snapshot views.  As seen in my previous message, i do not have the option to change the drop down option to an new snapshot view.  My final option is always to create a new snapshot, and subsequently create a new view and all new detail views.

The base view will not update, it just won't.

Message 11 of 50
Bonneville_Classic

So your view that you've created isn't updating, correct? But the .ipn file IS showing the added part?

And, the view you've made is an exploded view you created of a level of detail from an assembly? Double check to make sure the view you've made is in fact of the level of detail you've made, and not of the master level of detail.

I believe you need a separate .ipn file of level of detail parts. Meaning the .ipn file you've created of a spacific level of detail will only correspond to that level of detail.

Any changes you make to the .iam file as far as adding parts or removing parts should directly correspond to the .ipn file and update views in the drawing automatically. As long as the .ipn filed you've created is of the correct level of detail.

-Stephen
Message 12 of 50

I am using the Level of Detail: Master to create all views of this explode.

Any views requiring alternative details are separated by creating additional storyboards.

Are you saying, I cannot use the Master Level of detail to create explodes that update?

Message 13 of 50
Bonneville_Classic

To create an .ipn file of a level of detail, you must select the level of detail while creating it.

Go to create .ipn (control N, .ipn)

When it opens and asks you what file you want to use, at the bottom of the insert window, select options.

Then select your choice of level of detail, or positional representation.

Is this how you created your .ipn file?

Stephen
Inventor 2017
Message 14 of 50
Bonneville_Classic

No, I'm simply trying to figure out if the views you've created are in fact linked to the .ipn you are updating. And, if the correct level of detail was selected upon creating the .ipn.
Message 15 of 50

I created the .ipn file, allowing the default of Master as all parts in the assembly apply. No additional level of detail was created.

However, the views in the .ipn do themselves update when prompted.  It is only the drawing views that do not update.

Should I have created additional levels of detail? This seems counterproductive if it is an Inventer requirement.

Message 16 of 50

The views are definitely linked.  Verified.

Message 17 of 50
Bonneville_Classic

No additional level of detail representations are necessary.

Do you have other exploded files that update correctly? And is this the only drawing that is doing this?

If so, you could just remake the views on the drawing that isn't updating, and see if that solves it. 

Message 18 of 50
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Has this issue ever been resolved or figured out? I have the same issus and I am tired of having to recreate entire complicated views every time I update the assembly. This is something that is becoming a bit of a problem for me. Can a solution please be provided?!?!

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi! You don't need to recreate the drawing view every time ipn has been changed. The behavior you are describing does not sound right to me. If you could provide an example exhibiting the behavior, we are more than happy to take a look.

Many thanks!

Message 19 of 50
TheCADWhisperer

Can you Attach your files here (or a simplified dataset) that exhibits this behavior?

Message 20 of 50
Anonymous

I had this issue yesterday and I was unable to get the drawing view to update. After saving and closing all the files, the drawing view updated. Have not been able to reproduce this behaviour so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report