Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Styles and Templates

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
366 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing Styles and Templates

Hello all,

Like many, there is frustration with the drawing templates. In particular, a template that conforms to BS8888.

I have spent some time creating a style template that complies. I created this in Inventor 2015, and have successfully used it in subsequent releases. 

I have a friend that has tried to import the .STYXML file, only to be given an error message. This is for a school to use.

Is there any way to solve this, or is it Autodesk yet again making silly frustrations to force customers to change versions? Schools cannot constantly change versions of the software, as this puts far too much strain on education IT services.

Any help or ideas folks?

Scott 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not exactly sure.  From the error message, I just wonder if you could edit the .xml file and change the value to what it is expecting and try the import again.   You can open it with "Wordpad" and find the string that its complaining about. You don't have much to loose at this point, just make sure you are editing a copy of the .xml.

Kirk

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: karthur1

It much easier to download from the Microsoft website "XML Notepad". It's free and great for working with XML files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report