Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing mutiple circles using imported data points of circle centres.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Nhan.KCao
163 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing mutiple circles using imported data points of circle centres.

Hi Forum users,

For context of the question, I am looking to design porous media (ie. sponge, bone material) using Inventor (If there is a better program to do this please let me know).

I am looking to see if is possible to select mutiple points and select them as centres of circles to cut cylinders with a desired diameter within the main body of an object.  There could be a few issues could arise and one possible error would be:

The circle centres are extremely close thus intersections of circles will be common, will this cause an error when trying to draw the circles?

Below shows the data set that is used which is created from MATLAB with the Main object being the blue circle and the points representing where the pores would be.

NhanKCao_0-1660046411025.png

I am very new to Inventor so a step by step would be appreciated if it is possible!!!

Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Nhan.KCao

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do nor why you need to model the pores (I suspect some analysis) but I'll clearly state that Inventor is very likely NOT the program to do that in.

Inventor performance will be dreadfully slow with that many features and its analysis tools are rather limited/intended for typical mechanical products. 

Maybe PuMA is better suited to your analysis? https://software.nasa.gov/software/ARC-17920-1A 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
Nhan.KCao
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi mcgyvr,

Thank you for the clarification!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report