Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw parallel lines on a surface body

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
649 Views, 3 Replies

Draw parallel lines on a surface body

Hello Everybody,

I received a CAT part and when I openned it in inventor, it is like surfaces and not solid part.

what I want to do is :

- Draw parallel lines on one of the surfaces, these lines should have the same start and the same length, they also should have the same shortest distance between them along the complete distance, they should be tanget to the surface as well.  

I have tried by many ways, such as having a tanget plane to the surface and create a skitch then draw the lines and project them to the surface. but when I do that I don't have the equal distance between the lines through the complete lenght.

Somebody could help me to first transfer the Cat part to a part that we could work with then to divide the surface as required ?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Thomas_Savage
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

Could you attach your part please?

As it helps to understand what you are trying to achieve.

Thomas.

Thomas Savage

Design Engineer

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Thomas_Savage

I am sorry, I am not allowed to send the part, but here is attached image that could help understanding what I would like to do.

I hope this image could explain it.

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Without seeing the actual model, I can only speculate. I think the lines will have to be in 3D Sketch. You can create a simple rectangular surface at the start. Then pattern it along the edge of the imported surface. Stitch the rectangular surfaces. Then create a 3D Sketch -> Intersection Curve -> select the imported surface and the stitched surfaces -> Ok, The intersection curves will be created.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report