Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Inventor 2019 contain a basic 2D Autocad for drawing P&ID's

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dburkeL5LDY
432 Views, 6 Replies

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dburkeL5LDY

I think that it has much more than "basic 2D". It has an entire subsystem for this. Google for "Inventor Tube and Pipe". A good starting point would be this tutorial.

Message 3 of 7
dburkeL5LDY
in reply to: Anonymous

thanks john,

i want to move from autocad plant 3D to inventor and would like to know if i can create basic plan views and P&ID's.(not necessarily spec driven) as I do at the moment.

the old inventor always had a separate 2D autocad program.

the reason I'm asking is that a salesman from an autocad licensed seller has told me that i cant make / amend 2D drawings with the new package,is this true

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

You have Inventor (3D) and Autocad (2D), both are Autodesk products and are bundled, if you buy the Product Collection - together with dozens other programs which you might not need ever 🙂

Buying Inventor and Autocad seperatly might cost the same as the bundle (which states the general usage of the remaining programs ?)

We use Autocad too for simple P&ID schemes. We have some kind of block library for valves & instruments - self made.

We use Inventor to work out the projects in 3D. There is no link between the 2 in our workflow

https://www.autodesk.com/collections/product-design-manufacturing/included-software

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

The Tube & Pipe subsystem is using the Assembly engine. Hence you can generate (exact) Drawings from it in the same manner in which you would generate drawings from any assembly.

Message 6 of 7

@dburkeL5LDY 

Inventor never came with AutoCAD unless you obtain it through a suite years ago.

If you subscribe to the Collection now-a-days, as others have pointed out, you get access to AutoCAD or AutoCAD One which would include Plant3D/P&ID but Inventor itself never had AutoCAD with it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

The Tube & Pipe subsystem is using the Assembly engine. Hence you can generate (exact) Drawings from it in the same manner in which you would generate drawings from any assembly.

Which doesn't help the OP at all.  P&ID's are significantly different drawings.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report