Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not export suppressed parts to STEP

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Daniel_Gerssen
376 Views, 6 Replies

Do not export suppressed parts to STEP

When I export an assembly to STEP the suppressed parts in the assembly get exported as well and show up as unsuppressed in the STEP-file. Is there a way to turn this off?

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Are you exporting automatically via some iLogic or manually?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Intel Core i9-14900KF
64 GB DDR5 6000 MHz
2TB WD_BLACK
RTX A4000
------------------------------
Inventor 2024 Professional
Message 3 of 7

I am exporting manually via file->export->CAD format
Message 4 of 7

I cannot reproduce it in Inventor 2024.

What version are you using? Can you share a file exhibiting the behaviour`?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Intel Core i9-14900KF
64 GB DDR5 6000 MHz
2TB WD_BLACK
RTX A4000
------------------------------
Inventor 2024 Professional
Message 5 of 7
mat_hijs
in reply to: Daniel_Gerssen

Are you sure the components are suppressed and not just invisible? Suppressed components shouldn't be exported, but components that have been made invisible will be exported.

Message 6 of 7

Hi Daniel,

Either way (suppress or invisible) should work. It should always be what-you-see-is-what-you-get. If possible, please share an example that illustrates the behavior. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Also install the latest Inventor update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
mat_hijs
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I was indeed mistaken. I create my exports with an add-in I created, but apparently it seemed to open assemblies with the [Primary] view representation. I changed this to use the Default view representation and now it does work like you described @johnsonshiue .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report