Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal fold

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
2511028MSAE
179 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet metal fold

Hello, I have a problem with the flange in the photo, which folds at an angle of 91,5° and I don't know why. I did it with the "Lofted flange" function; profile 1 and profile 2 have an angle of 90° and are located in the axes. So why isn't the sheet metal at a 90° angle? How can I do this, maybe better and faster? I also wanted to do this with just one sheet metal with the "Rip" function in 2 places, but then I can't make 2 flat patterns. Any ideas?

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: 2511028MSAE

Hi!

Only with a photo is hard to say something about the angle.

Can you share the part,... to take a look?

Regarding the flat pattern:

If you rip the part twice, basically you will get two separated bodies (multisolid).

You can work with multisolid with sheet metal, but the workflow will have to be different, and one of the differences is: you can't get a flat pattern, since the part has "two flat patterns" and the program doesn't know what to choose.
Anyway, if the part is symmetric, you just need one solid (one of the sides), and you can eliminate the other. In the assembly, insert the part twice and constraint.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Hi

A flat pattern is not nesting. If you are working on a multi-body part, you will need to create derived parts for individual components.

The angle is correct. You should practice your spatial imagination and recall your knowledge of trigonometry.

Here is a video with explanation (page 29, screenrecord226):

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2441327?tab=multimedia&filter=videos

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report