Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed Loads

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
371 Views, 4 Replies

Distributed Loads

Hello there

Below I have attached a geometry of aluminium box on which there are two loads are acting one on the bottom surface and the other one is on the side surface. The box is filled with a block of magnets weighing about 12kg which is about 118N/m the magnetic force is acting in x-direction which is about 280N. If I were to apply these loads as distributed loads should I multiply the loads with the whole surface area or only through the length

Based on the data the dimensions of the magnet holding box are fixed as follows:
Outer length = 230mm  Inner height=118mm
Total Width= 78mm   Inner width=72mm 
Total height= 122mm  Wall thickness=2mm

Inner length = 223mm

Thank you for your help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What version of Inventor are you using?

Is there a reason that you attached STEP file rather than the original *.ipt file?

Is there a reason that one side wall is 2mm thick while the other side walls are 4mm thick?

Is there a reason that the bottom is 3.5mm - different thickness than the walls?

Aluminum is not magnetic - where is the part that the magnetic force will interact with?

Where are the constraints located?

You simply enter the Total forces and the constraints.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Below I have attached an assembly file in which these boxes are held at a certain height since both the boxes are filled with the magnet blocks there the magnetic force is due to interaction between these blocks.  The magnetic field of the blocks is used for controlling the magnetic nanoparticles that are used in drug dosage inside a human eye. The variation in wall thickness is to get an optimum magnetic field on the testing side. if the distance between the human head and magnet block is more than 4mm then the impact of the field is affected greatly to avoid since we have a tolerance of 1mm for blocks placed inside the box the left side of the box has a limited wall thickness of 2mm. whereas the bottom thickness is limited to 3.5mm as the height of the magnet block.

I have also attached the screenshot of boundary conditions applied as per my understanding

boundary conditions.PNG

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry for the stp files I don't have inventor tool as I am using mac right now

Message 5 of 5
lena.talkhina
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous !

Great to see you here on Inventor Forum.

Did you find a solution?
If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button as then also other community users can easily find and benefit from the information.
If not please don't hesitate to give an update here in your topic so all members know what ́s the progression on your question is and what might be helpful to achieve what you ́re looking for. 🙂

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report