Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail views not visible anymore

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
b.graaf
195 Views, 5 Replies

Detail views not visible anymore

For some reason my detail views in one particular drawing are not visible anymore!

In previous versions of this drawing they were still visible, but now, I only see the label of the detail view, but no model edges.

detail view 01.png

I have noticed that the model in the browser doesn't have a blue icon, but a transparent one.

detail view 02.png

Under Right Mouse Button I do not see any kind of option to turn on visibillity or something...

detail view 03.png

Is there anybody who has an idea what is the case here?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blandb
in reply to: b.graaf

Curious, do you have the part off in the assembly? If it is, and you turn the visibility back on, does the items show back in the views? If this is happening, check to see if this box is checked:

blandb_0-1699366085073.png

if it is, you can uncheck it, and you should be able to control all visibilities of all parts per view.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
b.graaf
in reply to: blandb

Hi,

Actually this has been modelled as a part instead of an assembly, so nothing has been made invisible in the model.
Also there are no design views....
I am ware of the link option. I have never seen this behaviour in a detail and I did never see the "transparent" icon of the detail in the browser...
Message 4 of 6
NigelHay

I've had little anomalies like this in the past & found that, if you grab the centre of your call-out circle with your mouse & move it a small amount, the detail view magically reappears.

Message 5 of 6
blandb
in reply to: NigelHay

Have you "attached" your detail circle to some geometry so it will stay associated with it?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Something isn't working right. Is the part far away from the origin? Please share the files (in zip) that reproduce the behavior here or send them to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report