Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Data folder wont stick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CadUser46
331 Views, 3 Replies

Design Data folder wont stick

I know what you're thinking, and it's not that. 😉

I'm seeing the message 'The specified folder is not complete with all Design Data and style library files....' which I have seen before but this is different.

- I'm only seeing the message on my machine. 

- I've checked it on other machines and it changes no problem.

- It's been pointing to these folders for over 18 months and they've been modified multiple times.

- I've already removed and rebuilt the HKCU Inventor registry keys.

- I've swapped out the Design Data folder with the default and still see the problem. (My DD is far removed from default so rebuilding from scratch is not an option)

Any ideas?

Craig

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Fouad-l
in reply to: CadUser46

Hi.

Yesterday i had similar problem but with Undo folder.

I opened two inventor windows and Application Options, one with configuration that works ,and other with configuration that i want to change. I copied from one to another and worked for me.

FOUAD LATRACH - MECHANICAL ENGINEER - ELCHE - SPAIN.

Please use the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or KUDOS button if my Idea helped you to solve the problem.

ASUS ROG G703 : Windows 10 Pro - Intel i7 3.4 Ghz - 64 Gb RAM - 1.5 TB SSD - Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB.

Message 3 of 4
Jon.Dean
in reply to: CadUser46

Hi Craig,

You don't say which version of Inventor you are working with.

Would it be possible to Pack n Go your design data folder, so I can do some testing?

Let me know and I can send you a link to upload the zipped folder.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 4 of 4
CadUser46
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Hi Jon.  I'm actually not back at work until the 9th.  If you ping me a message with the link i'll see what i can do.

Also, using 2016 Pro.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report