Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Title Block

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
4966 Views, 13 Replies

Delete Title Block

Hi! When I try to delete Title Block I get following message (see attached picture) - "To delete a drawing resource, first delete all references it from drawing sheets and other drawing resources."

Seems that I've already delete references to it from the drawing sheet, but I can`t understand what is the drawing resources and where they lays on the computer? What should I actually do to delete this Title Block?

Thank you!Delete Title Block - Forum.JPG

Best,
Roman

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Not sure why you're posting twice about the same thing https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/delete-title-block/m-p/8513996/highlight/false#M727883

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 14
Cadmanto

Are you looking to delete this just in this drawing or in your template as well in which this came from?

Does your title block have a company logo that you you inserted an image to?  When you possibly inserted that logo you linked it to the logo location? Instead of breaking the link?

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 14
Frederick_Law

Open your Sheet Format.  Delete the one that is using the title block you want to delete.

Message 5 of 14
johnsonshiue

Hi! I vaguely remember seeing this issue in 2014 or earlier. It seems like a corruption to me. Could you share an example file here?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi,

Here is the example of file (attached .idw file, Inventor 2019 version). Now the title block I need to delete contains nothing, but I still can't delete it. Thank you for help!

Best,

Roman

Title Block Delete Promblem - 02.JPG

Message 7 of 14
admaiora

Hi Roman,

try this

xexx.gif

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

Thank you!  It works 🙂

Message 9 of 14
SBix26

Exactly as @Frederick_Law described in message 4...

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.3 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 10 of 14
Frederick_Law
in reply to: SBix26

Nowadays good answer is not enough.

Need good presentation Smiley Wink

Need to fire my PR manager.

Message 11 of 14
Cadmanto
in reply to: Frederick_Law

I personally don't understand why one would want to delete all of the borders in a format.  Like you stated, just find the problem child and figure out how to break the connection.  Then maybe delete it if need be.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 12 of 14
shannon.glassley
in reply to: admaiora

I am having same problem with deleting a titleblock type.  Where do I find the drawing resources folder in REVIT to delete the stuff you show?

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: shannon.glassley

Hi

Delete Sheet Formats first (right klick →delete), and then it will be possible to delete the title block.

Message 14 of 14
SBix26
in reply to: shannon.glassley

@shannon.glassley wrote:

I am having same problem with deleting a titleblock type.  Where do I find the drawing resources folder in REVIT to delete the stuff you show?

REVIT?  You've posted to a topic in the Inventor Forum, which won't be much help with Revit...

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.2.2 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report