Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decals In iPart

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lkirit2000
742 Views, 6 Replies

Decals In iPart

Hi 

I have converted a content center part into iPart. The decal in the part file still appearing but not in the assy ?

Rgds

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: lkirit2000

Hi! If I understand the behavior correctly, this is unfortunately a limitation. The reason why you are seeing the decal in the iPart is because the iPart you open is iPart factory file, not the member file. iPart member file is like a derived part of the iPart factory file. Decal is not yet supported in derive.

The reason why you don't see it in the assembly is because the iPart member file is placed in the assembly and the decal does not appear due to derive part not supporting decal.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
lkirit2000
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson,

Thanks for your response. 

I have created an iAssembly. Apart from Decal rest I completed. How I can place the Decal in assembly file. 

I created a sketck to insert the image, but the feature to insert the image is not active.

How I can place the image in that assy ?

Rgds

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

@lkirit2000 wrote:

Hi Johnson,

Thanks for your response. 

I have created an iAssembly. Apart from Decal rest I completed. How I can place the Decal in assembly file. 

I created a sketck to insert the image, but the feature to insert the image is not active.

How I can place the image in that assy ?

Rgds

In the past I've simply sketched a single line the same height (or width) as my decal should be then extruded that as a surface.. Then applied the image/decal feature to that surface..

Then you save that as a part and insert that into your assembly..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
lkirit2000
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi ,

I have extruded and recreated Decal in part file, But in the assembly file Extrude only displays but Decal is not.

See the image below.

decal-1.JPG

Rgds

Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I thought this exact topic had been discussed before. I believe my explanation still holds true. Please feel free to attach an example here so we can look into it further.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7

We created a task on the ideation board. Please support, if you have the same issue:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/derived-parts-with-decals/idi-p/7723983

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report