Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived Parts with Decals

Derived Parts with Decals

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/derived-parts-with-decals/idc-p/6702633

I would like to resubmit this idea. Ultimately I would like decals to be passed through the derive process in iParts and derived parts. This is very helpful for showing silkscreen for -all- types of files. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

13 Comments
Eide_N
Contributor

Yes, please implement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamara78
Participant

Wäre sehr hilfreich

This also applies to text in sketches. Should be fixed in the same go.

Would appriciate implementation

a.schulzECN46
Contributor

Bitte dringend Umsetzen!!!!!

shadowcaster111
Enthusiast

This would be usefull

dmYRWLT
Explorer

with embedded pictures it shouldn't be such great task to implement this feature - please!!

APFausnacht
Community Visitor

Yes. Please do this!

geralddsmith12
Contributor

This would be such a useful feature to have!! Being able to select sketches and features when deriving a part should also include the ability to select decals to be included in the derived part.

fseguraJ7ND6
Contributor

When I make a part derived from a base component part that has a decal, it is not represented. Is there an option to not repeat the decal on the derived part?

fseguraJ7ND6_0-1700133946033.png

dpeters1
Enthusiast

Yes, please make this possible.  The current workflow makes for a laborious repetition of effort.  Autodesk should always make the utmost effort to eliminate wasted duplication of tasks.

I would definitely want this.  This would greatly improve my process.

936h5MxRw4
Explorer

I would like this also, but possibly a different twist on it.

We start with a base number in what will be a factor table. Lets say the base is P/N: 12345.

Next we create 3 sketches and import (LINKED) 3 different PNG files (one per sketch). These make P/N's: 12345-A, 12345-B, 12345-C.

Next step is to apply the decals (imported PNGs) to each P/N and toggle the appropriate ones for each individual part. At this point, the decals still show up as 3rd party images, but they do not appear on the part. I've tried a few methods to get them to appear.
  1) apply 3 decals to 1 extrusion (each decal is applied to the same extrusion)
  2) apply 3 decals to 3 individual extrusions (each decal is applied to its own extrusion)
  3) apply 3 decals to 3 individual extrusions making each extrusion a new solid, so now there are 3 different solids.
To reiterate, no matter how I generate the individual files, the decals do push downward from the factory to the parts, but they are not visible. They do show-up as linked in 12345-A, 12345-B, 12345-C.

I would like to be able to see them in 12345-A, 12345-B, 12345-C since we use these files upstream in assemblies. These are labels, but I would like the floor to be able to see the image of the final label they are about to apply to the product before they box and ship the saleable item.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report