Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Parts Authoring - Designation Column

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
282 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Parts Authoring - Designation Column

ALL,

I have a question about custom parts authoring. I want to be able to control the size as it appears on the insert panel. My question is where is this generated from. I believe it comes from the G_D column named Designation, but i can't for the life off me figure out where it comes into play when authoring a new part from scratch. I have tried creating a standard frame piece and checking the parameters, but nothing show remotely where G_D comes from. Are there any gurus that may be able to help me out?

image.pngimage.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Putting on my thinking cap and dusting off the cob webs (its been awhile)..  Smiley Very Happy  I believe the information comes for the columns that are considered key columns in your family table.

Update #1:  So in your 2nd image, the designation column has a red column header which indicates its a key column.  But if you also look you see the length column header is also red.  But the length column is not included because it contains a custom formula.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Thank you sir!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report