Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom iProp to be equal to Part Number

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
354 Views, 3 Replies

Custom iProp to be equal to Part Number

Long story short, we use a custom iProp as our "Part Number".  I've created some iParts and within them I used iLogic to control the custom iProp.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

iProperties.Value("Custom", "Part Number") = iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")

it worked, or at least i thought it did until today when all the iParts are now shown with the same part number in the custom iProp.  Anybody have a good way of making the Part Number column in the iPart pushing through to the custom iProp "Part Number" without having to copy/paste it over everytime.  

Inv Prof 2014

SP 2 Update 7

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Andrew_J_W,

You need to have the custom iProperty in your iPart table in order for it to be set differently for each iPart member. Do you have it set up that way?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I do now, its just looks clunky due to the Member, Part Number (Default), Part Number (Custom) are all listed as the same thing.  I wish I could collapse all three into one so I just have one instance of the part number itself. 

Message 4 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Andrew_J_W,

It might help to open the iPart table in Excel and set a formula to have 2 of the other columns reference the 3rd, so that there is a single place of entry.

iPart Formula.JPG

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report