Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom content missing from content center

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Wraptor
639 Views, 10 Replies

custom content missing from content center

Wraptor_0-1632327887212.png

I get this error when trying to insert an end cap on a frame. I have inserted end caps in the past but that was years (versions) ago. So I believe that in the several upgrades/updates I have missed something that I should have brought over from an older version. when I follow the instructions from the link in the dialog box it says that the custom libraries are installed.

If I have a vault (basic) managed content center what files do I need and where do I put them to correct this error?

I am using 2022 with all the updates installed.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CGBenner
in reply to: Wraptor

@Wraptor 

Is the missing library configured in your active project?

CGBenner_0-1632331123245.png

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 11
Wraptor
in reply to: CGBenner

No, but even after I install the libraries it doesn't show up anywhere.

Message 4 of 11
CGBenner

@Wraptor 

I wonder, since you are using Frame Generator, if it isn't looking for a library actually named Custom Content, not YOUR custom content. 

CGBenner_1-1632332583294.png

There is a Custom Content library that you can install with Content Center, (the name is confusing because it is a standard read only library) which is often used in tools like FG... it may be that this library is needed for the new end caps.  Are you placing a custom end cap that you designed, or did you select the end cap tool from the FG toolbar?

CGBenner_0-1632332539039.png

Chris Benner

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Message 5 of 11
Wraptor

Yes, I haven't been clear. I have been talking about the library "Custom Content" and not my personal custom content. I have tried to install the library but I have been unable to accomplish it.

When I attempt to install the library I got this error.

Wraptor_0-1632336180932.png

I thought maybe that the SQL files are what's missing but I can see these files. Unless I am looking in the wrong place?

I don't want to wipe the machine and reinstall but it is beginning to look like that may be my only option. not fun 😞

Message 6 of 11
CGBenner

@Wraptor 

Advice that I am getting is that for this error you should create a support ticket. 

Chris Benner

Message 7 of 11
Wraptor

Thanks. Will do.
Message 8 of 11
CGBenner

@Wraptor 

Good luck!!  I hope they get you back up and running soon!

Chris Benner

Message 9 of 11
BDCollett

@Wraptor wrote:

Yes, I haven't been clear. I have been talking about the library "Custom Content" and not my personal custom content. I have tried to install the library but I have been unable to accomplish it.

When I attempt to install the library I got this error.

Wraptor_0-1632336180932.png

I thought maybe that the SQL files are what's missing but I can see these files. Unless I am looking in the wrong place?

I don't want to wipe the machine and reinstall but it is beginning to look like that may be my only option. not fun 😞

The Vault standard content libraries are different to the ones installed with Inventor. You also can't transfer them like you can with your own custom libraries.

You must download the ones to match your version with each upgrade and install them from the ADMS.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-inventor-2...

You could switch back to the desktop version if you only use standard content and want to get working without doing the above.

BDCollett_0-1632343044252.png

Message 10 of 11
Wraptor
in reply to: BDCollett

I realized that they were different and got the second error when I tried to install the library on ADMS.

Message 11 of 11
Wraptor

Ok, I think I have figured it out. (Maybe) 

There are still some unanswered questions.

1. What do the two errors actually mean?
  2. Why didn't the provided "Custom Content" library not install like the other libraries?

What I ended up doing was downloading the "Custom Content" (Custom.exe) library for remote content libraries. I then extract the *.mdf and *.ldf files to a folder. I then go into ADMS  then go to the libraries folder and then "Actions/Import Libraries/. I then browse to the extracted *.mdf file (the *.ldf will attach automatically) then hit ok loading the library to the server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report