Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom border fill

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GarySchmitz3154
296 Views, 3 Replies

Custom border fill

I am using a custom border within an IDW and from sheet to sheet the attribute information is hit and miss wether it is in the border or not. the only constants are date, sheet number, sheet number of  and author. the title, subject, company, and the project are missing sometimes. Does any one have any ideas for this paranormal activity

gary

Best Regards
Gary Schmitz
Dell Precision M3800
Core I7, 2.3GHZ, 16G Ram, Quadro K1100M 24In Monitor
Product Design Suite Premium 2016
3D Connexions Wireless
ProNest 2015
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi! The flaky behavior does not sound right. Could you provide a repeatable example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4

What it sounds like your seeing in some is this :-

PM screen shot002.png

Whae you want to see this :-

PM screen shot005.png

Some of these are all iproperties from with in the IDW file, some like TITLE, PROJECT & PART NUMBER have to be entered manually in the IDW iproperties

PM screen shot006.png

then

PM screen shot007.png

followed by

PM screen shot008.png

Part No, Description & Project are all entered manually. The designer name is taken from the actual project (ipt) file, it can be altred at this stage, and the check mark placed for the date manually, these two will now always be there by default

Follow this by

PM screen shot009.png

In these options part no is carried forwards from the information that you previously entered, again some infraction has to be entered manually with dates being checked to be displayed.

==============
Inventor 2025 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 4 of 4

The only internet access i had over the weekend was my phone.after 3 hours of expirementing and 1 crash I did discover the filling information comes from the properties of the IPT or the IAM. Another lesson from this is that the information is pulled from the first view model placed on the sheet. knowing this made it quicker to get the information in where it comes from.

Thanks for the time and effort

Best Regards

Gary

Best Regards
Gary Schmitz
Dell Precision M3800
Core I7, 2.3GHZ, 16G Ram, Quadro K1100M 24In Monitor
Product Design Suite Premium 2016
3D Connexions Wireless
ProNest 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report