Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cust. cont. c. part isn't in the Bolted C. Wizard after changing its Part Number

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
289 Views, 1 Reply

Cust. cont. c. part isn't in the Bolted C. Wizard after changing its Part Number

Hey there,

I have created some custom families for DIN 934 nut. The main reason is the material. I have DIN 934 A2 and A4 families. By default, their Part Numbers do not have any explicit information so them are identical. This causes an issue in the Parts List, because Inventor confuses them and show them at the same line, with the same Part Number and with the Word "Varies" in description. Now, if I go to family table and enter an expression; "DIN 934 - "A4 " & {DESIGNATION}, then Bolted Connection Wizard is not able to find DIN 934 A4 (for example) family in the DIN section.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kelly.young
in reply to: 20031995

Hello @20031995 if you can record a screencast to show what you are experiencing that would be helpful to give you more accurate suggestions. From the description I'm not sure of the workflow you are using or where the duplicate naming is causing problems. 

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report