Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need help with an education account

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
656 Views, 8 Replies

We need help with an education account

My son will be starting 9th grade in the fall and will be in a program that uses Inventor for four years. The teacher suggested he start playing with it now to get familiar with the program. To get the education account, we need to provide verification but he is not enrolled at the school yet. What should we do? I know there's a trial program, but that's only for 30 days. We'd like him to work with it all summer. 

In addition, what happens after a year of using the education account if he needs it for four years? Hope someone can help! 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

If he is 14yrs old - just use current school.

Each year renew student license until PhD is achieved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
DarrenP

read this: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/industries/education/docs/edu-verification-c...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Now I am trying to download the 2019 version of Inventor Professional and I can't figure out how to download the free trial version. 

Message 5 of 9
JDMather

https://ava.autodesk.com/?input=Account_Software_Download&utm_source=AKN&utm_medium=helpArticle&utm_...

I assume 2019 is what the school is using (schools can get Inventor for free - so they should use 2021, or at least 2020 as the sketch engine was significantly improved).

I recommend download using  Browser rather than using Install Now.

Get these 3 files - same as having an install DVD in your hand.

Inventor 2019.PNG

You have to be careful to get all three files.

Temporarily disable anti-virus and set UAC to lowest setting.

This will be easier once registered as a student...

https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-professional

Student Download.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I can't get the install now button on because when I sign in, the site is asking me to finish setting up my son's account, which requires verification that he is a student. For that you have to upload paperwork. Is there a way to get around this to the trial version, which I would assume shouldn't need paperwork, or sign out and just download the trial version without an account?

Message 7 of 9
mcgyvr

@Anonymous 

Its really best to just be patient and follow the required process to get him approved.

Almost seems like you might be trying to pull a fast one.. 😊

Do you even have a son? 😋

Heck just let him do all this.. Kids these days are far better at this "computer stuff" than their parents anyways..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

It would be great if you could provide a link to the 2019 version as well as I can't find it anywhere.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

No. It's legit. The website is terribly designed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report