Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved surfaces not matching

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
karl.zammit.18
534 Views, 5 Replies

Curved surfaces not matching

Hi, I am trying to sweep two "entrances" to a curved "tunnel" and am having trouble with interfacing correctly. There are two main trouble areas, one for each of the two entrances to the tunnel, as shown in the screenshots. I am trying to get a seamless surface for the two, but I am struggling to find the means how to do so.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Feel free to edit and try it for yourself; the part is also attached.

PS. The lines are intentionally not tangential to the circular "walls"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: karl.zammit.18

I am not at my Inventor machine to check your file, but from the images my first thought is to Shell a solid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
jmenier
in reply to: karl.zammit.18

This is what I would suggest. I cant exactly tell what your trying to create here, lets call it a labyrinth?  I would make the entire path in a 2d sketch (picture 1) then extrude it to what ever height is required (picture 2). Then to make the dome shaped top use the fillet tool to make those shapes Pic 3 . Then you can use the shell tool and make it you wall thickness, and delete the bottom face picture 4.

jmenier_0-1680737712183.png

jmenier_1-1680737789895.png

jmenier_3-1680737949409.png

jmenier_4-1680738316349.png

Construction Engineer, PE
Message 4 of 6

Did you mean it?

By the way - if you want to remove these excesses, just use the Delete Face command.
It doesn't know if you wanted to create this inner tunnel; I inferred this from the cutouts. I'm not sure of your intentions.
But all these methods work.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 6
karl.zammit.18
in reply to: JDMather

Of course.... Worked brilliantly thanks. I'm out of practice and it shows.

Thanks a lot!

Message 6 of 6

Thanks to all for your solutions. They all do the job!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report