Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved surfaces not matching

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
karl.zammit.18
462 Views, 5 Replies

Curved surfaces not matching

Hi, I am trying to sweep two "entrances" to a curved "tunnel" and am having trouble with interfacing correctly. There are two main trouble areas, one for each of the two entrances to the tunnel, as shown in the screenshots. I am trying to get a seamless surface for the two, but I am struggling to find the means how to do so.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Feel free to edit and try it for yourself; the part is also attached.

PS. The lines are intentionally not tangential to the circular "walls"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: karl.zammit.18

I am not at my Inventor machine to check your file, but from the images my first thought is to Shell a solid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
jmenier
in reply to: karl.zammit.18

This is what I would suggest. I cant exactly tell what your trying to create here, lets call it a labyrinth?  I would make the entire path in a 2d sketch (picture 1) then extrude it to what ever height is required (picture 2). Then to make the dome shaped top use the fillet tool to make those shapes Pic 3 . Then you can use the shell tool and make it you wall thickness, and delete the bottom face picture 4.

jmenier_0-1680737712183.png

jmenier_1-1680737789895.png

jmenier_3-1680737949409.png

jmenier_4-1680738316349.png

Construction Engineer, PE
Message 4 of 6

Did you mean it?

By the way - if you want to remove these excesses, just use the Delete Face command.
It doesn't know if you wanted to create this inner tunnel; I inferred this from the cutouts. I'm not sure of your intentions.
But all these methods work.

Kacper Suchomski

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 6
karl.zammit.18
in reply to: JDMather

Of course.... Worked brilliantly thanks. I'm out of practice and it shows.

Thanks a lot!

Message 6 of 6

Thanks to all for your solutions. They all do the job!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report