Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 10 Compatability

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tdswanson
163 Views, 4 Replies

Creo 10 Compatability

I have various customers that send me Creo models.  I just updated my Inventor to v2024 last week and then ran the latest update this morning.  Tried to open a Creo file from a customer and got a message saying that the file was from a newer version that what Inventor could handle.  Customer states they're using Creo 10.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any idea when an update or patch will cover this version of Creo?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: tdswanson

Hi!

Creo 10 is the latest Version. You have to give some time to Autodesk developers to work in the translator.
They will launch when ready... Probably in the next update...

Meanwhile, ask your customers to send you the models in STEP format. For you will be the same working from STEP or working from Creo models.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pcrawley

See Inventor 2024 Help | Translators (3rd Party Files) and Supported File Versions | Autodesk

Unfortunately, Inventor 2024.2 only supports Creo 1.0 to 9.0

Peter
Message 4 of 5
swalton

I wouldn't expect Creo 10 support unit Inventor 2025 is released. 

Support might be added to Inventor 2024 in a service pack at the same time.

Basically, Autodesk chooses to update 3rd party CAD support during the annual release cycle, not as soon as the 3rd parties release new versions.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Based on prior file support cadence, the earliest to see Creo 10 support is probably 2024.3 update (April 2024) and the future release.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report