Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Pattern Is Grounding All Other Components

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rinderwiesenPBXRB
334 Views, 5 Replies

Creating Pattern Is Grounding All Other Components

I bought a new CPU and installed Inventor 2023. When working in an assembly environment, I create a pattern of a part. After creating the pattern, I can't move any of the non-constrained parts in the assembly. I can suppress the pattern or delete it and I'm able to move all of the non-constrained parts. I didn't have this issue on my other computer. Any thoughts on what the issue might be. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi!

Check if you installed all updates.
In assembly check if red cross is active in the quick menu. If so, fix all the issues, then try again.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

So, there is not red cross indicating that there is an issue that needs to be repaired and have installed all updates. Usually, it comes down to a bad constraint. This has been a issue since the new install and not just on my pc. I think it might be something with the representations because when I toggle back between a custom and default it lets me move other parts in default. I will keep looking at it and post my findings. Thanks for the response.

Message 4 of 6

The files were created in 23 or in previous versions?

If they were created in previous version, use task manager to migrate all files and linked files in respective project folder.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Yes, the file was created in 2023. We use Vault to manage all of the files.

Message 6 of 6

Hi! This is a regression defect (components fail to move when there is a component pattern) on 2023 RTM build. Please install 2023.3.1 update. The issue should go away.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report