Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a cavity using two solids?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
363 Views, 3 Replies

Creating a cavity using two solids?

Hi all! I am atemping to creat the bottom portion of a canoe. I imported the points for the canoe geometry and lofted the 3D sketches to create a conoe solid. From there I used a 2D sketch to create the "mold" of the bottom of the canoe. My first action was to try to use the shell tool to carve out the shape I need. I couldn't get that to work so my next attempt was to use the carving tool but that also didn't yeild any results. Is there any way I can carve this created shape out or are there more steps I need to do? Thanks!

I am using Inventor 2016 for reference. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Marco.Takx
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you like to do this.

I made first the extrusion to  new solid.

Then I used the combine tool to cut out the geometry of the boot into the extrsion.

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

http://www.widom-assoc.com/derived_parts2.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Both work! I see what I did incorrectly now! Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report