Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creat Text with AcadEref Font impossible?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1272 Views, 5 Replies

Creat Text with AcadEref Font impossible?

Hi there,

I like to put a label with Text on my component. As usaual I create a new sketch at the surface where I want to put my label. Now I choose Text, create with the box my textpanel. Now I choose as font AcadEref and write a simple word like Love. As result there just appeare one letter. Even with other words, the box remains empty. I can´t see any text. If I change the font then it works. I can´t figure our why. Maybe some one of you guys :-).

In the Attachment you can find a little example.

Thanks for helping out!

Bye Varus

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

The reason is AcadErel fout is SHX one which is not supported currently. You can try with below steps in Inventor 2018.

Edit the sketch, edit the string and change the fount to others, such as Arial, then Right mouse click to get the context menu, select Command convert to geometry command, then select font acaderef in the drop down list.

Refer more from help document:

To Convert Sketch Text to Sketch Geometry

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Hi Xun Zhang,

no it doesn´t work. I still get only one letter as result. Is there a possiblity to get the geometry bye a diffrent program like word? Or by a picture which I could create.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

@Anonymous

Why must you use AcadEref font?

What are you trying to do that forces you to use AcadEref font?

Is there a specific symbol you need? Just create it with sketch geometry (sketch lines/circles,etc.. as needed)...

Inventor simply does not properly support the AcadRef font/shx fonts.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi,

I just do like the font. I want to print the letters for decoration. So it would be the easiest way to take directly the geometry from the letters.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I just do like the font. I want to print the letters for decoration. So it would be the easiest way to take directly the geometry from the letters.

Thank you!

Just use Arial.. or many others that are very similar to some of the letters it shows..

acadref isn't even a real font from what I can tell.. Its got symbols,etc.. embedded in it.. or its just so unsupported now that it just doesn't work properly anymore..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report