Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
358 Views, 5 Replies

Copying

Hi,

If I use two inventory at once, how can I copy one measurements and sketches to another? Inventor 2019

R.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrewiv
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot.  Here is a post on the idea station that could resolve your request.  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/drag-and-drop-between-inventor-sessions/idi-p/9115694

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Ronald,

I believe it should work. Are they different Inventor releases or the same Inventor release? You can copy and paste sketches or numbers between sessions.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have opened two of the same programs on different screens but don't let them copy

Message 5 of 6
andrewiv

What version are you using?  I'm using 2020.3 and I cannot copy/paste a sketch from one session to another session, however you can copy dimension values using the standard Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V windows functionality.  This is just copying the text and not the entire dimension.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: andrewiv

Hi Folks,

Sorry for my misinformation! I thought it was supported but it is not. Copy&Paste across multiple sessions is not supported unfortunately. I think only across documents in the same session is allowed.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report