Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordinate system

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
219 Views, 4 Replies

coordinate system

is there any way to readjust the coordinate system of an assembly in Inventor 8? many thanks Oliver Dietzel
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you be more specific? -- Laurence, Power is nothing without Control --- "O.Dietzel" wrote in message news:4031f41a$1_1@newsprd01... > is there any way to readjust the coordinate system of an assembly in > Inventor 8? > > many thanks > > Oliver Dietzel > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have imported a MDT assembly and somehow the global coordinate system is wrong i.e. the fixed part is not on the xy plane but somewhere in between. It is nor problem for modeling but for some features like measuring distances it is not nice. "Laurence Yeandle" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40320c28_3@newsprd01... > Can you be more specific? > > -- > Laurence, > > Power is nothing without Control > --- > > > "O.Dietzel" wrote in message > news:4031f41a$1_1@newsprd01... > > is there any way to readjust the coordinate system of an assembly in > > Inventor 8? > > > > many thanks > > > > Oliver Dietzel > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Can you rotate the coordinate system in MDT and re-import? "O.Dietzel" wrote in message news:40324e32$1_3@newsprd01... > I have imported a MDT assembly and somehow the global coordinate system is > wrong i.e. the fixed part is not > on the xy plane but somewhere in between. > It is nor problem for modeling but for some features like measuring > distances it is not nice.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

If you have an assembly that you have imported, is one of the parts in the assembly grounded? If so, you can unground it and constrain it to the origin planes to get it aligned with the global coordinate system. Once it is aligned you can reground the part and remove the constraints.

If it is just a part (somebody correct me if I am wrong) then you will need to try and straighten it out in MDT and reinport it.

Also, if it is a subassembly in a larger assembly, constrain it to the existing assembly to get both of the coordinate systems aligned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report