Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting 2020 files to Inventor 2019 version

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Mikkel1203ERHNP
2320 Views, 4 Replies

Converting 2020 files to Inventor 2019 version

Hello everyone out there.

Is there anything i can do to convert all my 2020 files to 2019 inventor file.

I used the 2020 version at home because i thought that the school used 2020 but they use 2019 and i am at my fanal exam, so i am in really in need of help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Mikkel1203ERHNP,

No, you can't convert a 2020 file to a 2019 file as the versions are different (new features, etc) but if you have the 2019.4 updates installed you can open 2020 files.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mikkel1203ERHNP

@Mikkel1203ERHNP wrote:

Hello everyone out there.

Is there anything i can do to convert all my 2020 files to 2019 inventor file.

I used the 2020 version at home because i thought that the school used 2020 but they use 2019 and i am at my fanal exam, so i am in really in need of help. 

@Mikkel1203ERHNP  If you need to deliver an Inventor 2019 file complete with a full model browser showing all features/sketches then you will need to remodel everything in 2019 (aka start over).. 

There is no way to back save Inventor files to older versions.

You can save as a neutral cad format like step files and open those models in older versions but your model browser (feature tree) will be lost as well as all sketches/constrains,etc...  You can try the "feature recognition" addin to attempt to recreate a usable model browser but its still not the same as if you modeled the files in 2019.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
Mikkel1203ERHNP
in reply to: mcgyvr

hello everyone, i found out a solution haha, i just downloaded the 2021 version so i could use the 2020 files on the newer version. and it works fine

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Mikkel1203ERHNP

@Mikkel1203ERHNP wrote:

hello everyone, i found out a solution haha, i just downloaded the 2021 version so i could use the 2020 files on the newer version. and it works fine

How does that solve the problem of your school only having 2019 again? 

But whatever.. Glad you got something going.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report