Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center - publish not publishing threads

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mslosar
692 Views, 11 Replies

Content Center - publish not publishing threads

I've got a set screw i'm trying to publish to content center.  I can get through the publish procedure and the part gets into CC - however, all thread categories are blank.  I've put the type, designation, and class in the ipart.  I can switch to all different entries in the table as the ipart with no issues.

The problem is after it's published, none of the thread entries contain data. All three are blank.  Then when i try to place a part, all i get is 'unable to create component'.  My assumption is because the thread fields are blank but i'm not sure. I've created other threaded entries in the past (albeit quite a while ago) and i don't see that i'm doing anything different.  

Any ideas as to what this is?  Presently using 2021.2

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mslosar
in reply to: mslosar

Just poked around in the Family Table, and for some bizarre reason, it seems as those fields are converting to boolean fields during the publish procedure. I check my other parts - and as I figured, they are supposed to be set to string, why in the world are they getting converted to boolean?

Message 3 of 12
mslosar

More info...

The part was originally created in 2019.  We're about to move to 2021 so i decided to publish it through 21 so i don't have to do it twice.  Fails in 2021.

In 2019, it works just fine.

Message 4 of 12
gcoombridge

I can't publish tube and pipe fittings in 2021.2. It also cleared fields and made them boolean. There are a couple of other threads about it and it is a known issue. 2021.2 should be withdrawn, it is the most flawed update I've seen from Autodesk.

My solution was to uninstall it and revert to 2021.1. This doesn't seem to cause any issues 

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 5 of 12
mslosar

Thank you for that. I did find a thread where they said the fix would be out soon, but that was 2 weeks ago.  

I did go back to 2021.1 to see if that would help and it has.  Not so much a feasible option for the ongoing install of 2021 to our corporate network though.  However, there's just a small number of us need CC access like this.

Message 6 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi Folks,

This issue should have been fixed on 2021.2.1, which is just available today. Please install 2021.2.1 on top of 2021.2. The CC publish workflow should work now.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 12
rburger
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I'm on Build 289 Release 2021.2.1 Date 02/08/2021
It still has the thread boolean problem.
Any suggestions other than to go back to 2021.1?
Message 8 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! We do have a fix which is being validated internally. At the moment, you may need to revert back to 2021.1 update to avoid the regression. I am sorry.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 12
mslosar

Has this been corrected yet?

Message 10 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi Mike,

How are you doing? This should be fixed on 2021.3 update. Have you installed it?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 12
mslosar
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I did finally a get a chance to put it on and it is working.

It's hard to pick up quickly on releases since the IT policies mess up the desk top app notifying me on updates.

I have successfully uploaded about 10 new families since the update without issue.

Thanks for helping get this fixed.

Message 12 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi Mike,

I am very sorry for the trouble. The bug should not have happened in the first place. I was merely making sure it got addressed in time. I have no credit.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report