Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Dependencies

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
psrasmus
335 Views, 3 Replies

Checking Dependencies

How do you check for dependencies? For instance; a workplane that I created a while ago was an offset from the assembly's XY plane. It should be easy to change the offset, right? But, Inventor will not let me change the offset and I have no idea why. Is there a constraint that is conflicting? I can't find anything in the labyrinth of the documentation, not even sure where to start. What tools are available for diagnosing these problems? 

It would help if there was a log of errors, warnings and general messages.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gcoombridge
in reply to: psrasmus

@psrasmus there is something in the right click menu for the created plane. View parent or something like that (not at my computer). That will show you the immediate parent. You would lose the ability to adjust this if you delete the parent but that can't be the case if you created it from an origin.. Can you post the part? 

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 3 of 4
SBix26

Assembly work features are really a completely different kind of entity than part work features.  They are more like assembly components, and you are correct that there is a constraint involved.  Expand the workplane in the model browser, and you will see the constraint (mate/flush) that controls its distance from the XY plane.  You can adjust it by editing that constraint, or just go to the Parameters table and change it there.

SBix26_0-1619395207343.png

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2022 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! If the workplane is grounded (with a pin icon), you can right-click on it in the browser -> Redefine. Please share the files here if it still does not work.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report